跟外国人聊生肖你会吗?!

2015-02-17

今日主题:生肖与星座

今日主播:Stephen (上海虹桥)

 

Topic: Sign (Horoscope)

Host: Stephen (Hongqiao Center, Shanghai)

 

-What’s your sign?

 你的星座是什么?

 

-I’m a Libra. 

 我是天秤。

 

-No wonder you are so sociable.

 难怪你这么会交际。

 

-What’s your sign, then?

 那么你的星座是什么?

 

-In our country, we don’t have signs. We have ‘Sheng-xiao’ instead.

 在我们国家,我们没有星座。但我们有生肖。

 

-Sheng-xiao? What are they?

 Sheng-xiao? 什么叫Sheng-xiao?

 

-Sheng-xiao is something similar to your astrological signs. We have a different sheng-xiao for each year in a 12-year cycle. My sheng-xiao is pig, because I was born in the year of the pig in the lunar calendar.

生肖类似于你们的星座。我们每年都会有一个不同的生肖,12年一个循环。我的生肖是猪,因为我出生于农历的猪年。

 

-You must have a great appetite, then. 

 那你的胃口一定很大。

 

-I do, but it has nothing to do with my sheng-xiao. 

 是的,不过这和我的生肖没有关系。

 

-What does it mean, then?

 那猪年意味着什么?

 

-People born in the year of the pig are supposed to be kind and affectionate.        

 出生在猪年的人往往和蔼、深情。

 

-That’s very interesting.

 真有趣啊!

 

特别提醒:填写邮箱订阅Hi-English每日电邮,能收到更多精彩内容!

本期电邮主题:“羊年是我的本命年”,用英语怎么说呢?

 

扫二维码,可去微信听音频,还能获取更多精彩内容,与我们一对一互动!

文章标签: 生肖,星座,新年,中国传统,西方文化  
上一篇:实用电话英语